Hello everyone, and welcome to the NASPA Technology Knowledge Community Blog!
As many of you know, the TKC has produced a newsletter every quarter for the last two years called The Digital. The purpose of this newsletter was to provide a platform for discussion and knowledge sharing about not only the use of technology by Student Affairs professionals, but also by IT professionals working within Student Affairs.
As we look forward, the TKC has decided to migrate the content that has traditionally been published in The Digital to this blog. It is our hope that this format will provide for better content sharing and discussions around hot topics in technology and Student Affairs. Having this format will also provide for a searchable archive of information, which will be greatly beneficial.
Our content will focus on the following topic areas:
- Open Source Secrets– highlights open source tools of the trade
- Training and Education– Anything related to training staff, graduate preparation, conference highlights, etc.
- Tech Tips for the Student Affairs Professional– easy tech related tools and processes that make the day to day work of the Student Affairs Professional easier
- Tech Geek of the Week– highlighting IT and Student Affairs Professionals who are doing amazing things with technology!
- Tech Policy and Procedure– highlighting policies, guidelines, and procedures around technology and social media use
Our goal is to post 3-5 times per week, so be sure to check back frequently for the latest news! We are also seeking submissions on a rolling basis, and would love to hear what you have to say! Click on the “About” link above for submission criteria and information.
We are really looking forward to seeing what is to come with this blog, and are excited to have all of you along for the journey! If you have thoughts that you would like to share, please contact Beth Poling at firstname.lastname@example.org.